|Home||» Products||» Potassium Citrate||» Potassium Citrate|
Product Code : 186
Brand Name : J. N. CHEMICAL
We offering of Potassium Citrate which is white granular crystals or crystalline powder odourless and taste saline. Potassium citrate is very soluble water, practically insoluble in alcohol and soluble in glycerin.
- CAS No.: 6100-05-6
- Mol. Formula: C6H5K3O7, H2O
- Mol. Weight: 324.42
- Category: Antiurolithic
- Description: White or almost white, granular powder or transparent crystals, odourless, hygroscopic
- Solubility: Very soluble in water, practically insoluble in alcohol
- Appearance of solution: 10 % aqueous solution is clear and colourless
- Loss on drying / Water: Between 4.0 and 6.0 % w/w
- Assay: Between 99.0 and 100.5 % w/w
- Uses: It is used to reduce the pain and frequency of urination caused by highly acidic urine as a non-irritating diuretic. It may be used to reduce the danger of crystalluria during sulphonamide therapy. It is widely used to treat kidney stones, and in cystinuria. It is also used in many soft drinks as a buffering agent. It is also used as an alkalising agent in the treatment of mild urinary tract infections such as cystitis.